Friday, December 21, 2012

Reflection Blog

              Throughout the semester I got to learn more about Canada's immigrant policies and what the people coming into Canada have to deal with once they arrive. I got to learn how Canada and the world view immigrants and the negative effects these views can have.The information I learned surprised me a little bit. It kind of made me question some of my older beliefs and also made me thankful for not having to be in the situation some people who come over to Canada have to face. The worst part about learning all this is knowing it is only going to get worse do too the current government that we have in place here in Canada. The other reason I believe it will get worse is because of the current political system we have in place here in North America and around the world. The system is Capitalism. This system's main goal is to increase profits and the social aspects are forgotten and not improved.
              The main thing that stuck out to me during my research is how negative some people's views of immigrants can be. This to me doesn't make sense. The people who do not think immigrants are a good thing for a country have clouded judgement. They do not understand the upside to having immigrants in our society. Immigrants can add a lot to a country. Not only adding their culture but they can also help the economy as well.
I hope people become more educated about immigrants and the struggles that they go through in order to create a better life for themselves and their families.



-John



No comments:

Post a Comment